Explore Tiny Things in the Big World of Nano Biotechnology at It’s a Nano World exhibit
WHAT: So many amazing things happen in our bodies that are too small to see with your naked eyes. Explore nanobiotechnology at the It’s a Nano World exhibit coming to Sci-Tech Discovery Center beginning January 24. Experience hands-on activities at the nanoscale including:
- Measure your height in nanometers, and peer through giant magnifying glasses that enlarge everyday objects.
- Learn in Adventures of Tiny Things how germs and dust affect our everyday lives.
- Enter Cells in Action and step into bacteria enlarged millions of times in size.
- Use technology to separate cells in giant Cell Sorters.
- Play giant DNA, dust and germ pinball.
- Jump into the Giant Blood Drop tent and be surrounded by millions of blood cells.
Nanobiotechnology is a relatively new merge of biological research and nano technology allowing scientists to imagine and create systems that can be used for biological research. This hands-on journey into an elementary look at our biological systems are the inspirations for technologies not yet created.
This exhibit is designed for children 5 – 8 years old and families. Partners of It’s a Nano World are the Nanobiotechnology Center and Cornell University.
WHERE: Sci-Tech Discovery Center
8004 Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034
WHEN: January 24, 2017 through May 14, 2017
Tuesday – Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday Noon – 6 p.m.
ADMISSION: General Admission $8.00
Seniors (60+) $6.50
Military (ID required) $6.50
Teachers (ID required) $6.50
Groups of 10 or more $7.00
Members of Sci-Tech Discovery Center receive free admission.